Grab your camera and head out into the streets the weekend of June 30th. Do your best to take an interesting street image and enter it into the Challenge. Color images now allowed!
Decisive Challenge VII - Street Shooting Challenge
Images must beshot on 6/30, 7/1 or 7/2
Wherever you are. Big city, small town, wherever!
- Submitted image must be shot on June 30th, July 1st or 2nd 2017
- Submitted image can be in B&W or Color (color being allowed for the 1st time)
- Submitted image must not be posted anywhere else as we want to keep submitted images anonymous for voters (no shooter IDs like watermarks allowed)
- Submitted image must be sized so the longest side is 1250px
- Maximum file size is 500k
- Submissions: Images will be submitted on DecisiveChallege.com via the “entry form” from July 3rd through the 15th
- Deadline for submitting an image is July 15th 2017.
- Voting will commence on Wednesday July 19th and end July 30th (one vote per person please).
- Winners will be announced on August 1st 2017
This is the seventh time we’ve put a challenge together and each has been a terrific collection of street shots from around the world. The emphasis with this challenge is on the image, not on the equipment or the reputation of the photographer.
Use whatever equipment you like
, from a rangefinder to a DSLR or a cell phone… it doesn’t matter. Film or digital… your choice. Use your creativity and tool of choice to capture an image that will delight the viewers/voters and reflect your inspired vision of the world around you.
This is a fun competition, see if your local photo group wants to take part and make it a day of shooting and stories. Others may choose to go it alone, concentrating on your environment and the search for that “moment”.
Whether you’re a seasoned street shooter or someone who just wants to give it a try, go for it!
As usual Prize Donations will be appreciated (contact me
if you're interested in donating). I will kick things off by offering a $100 Adorama gift card!
Finally, tell your friends who may be interested in participating!